Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Research 101

Research 101 gave me a good review of the basics of research. Here are some things from it that I found especially relevant to my study in Berlin.

“Questions require answers.” So I will try to avoid ambiguous or open-ended questions or just comb the world in search of answers.

“Questions give you a way of evaluating the evidence.” If I want to make sense of my evidence, which will be the city of Berlin, I should create specific questions that will then guide me through the answers.

“A clear open-ended question calls for real research and thinking.” What does this mean? Well, it means that either I can shape my mind and Berlin into real research, or I can redefine real research.

The website truthfully does indeed help with some rudiments such as searching and finding sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home